Using a traditional web application stack, it took an insurance technology startup months of software development to customise their product for each new customer it acquired.
flexa modernised the application architecture, by utilising semantic-web technologies and applying a dynamic, metadata-based software engineering approach
The end-product was higher quality, with faster loading times. Data model and rule changes could be made without any software development, reducing downtime and accelerating delivery.
Product customisation and customer on-boarding was reduced to days. Saving critical time & money and allowing the business to expand faster.
- Schema-less, semantic graph database layer (NoSQL)
- Dynamic, rules-based server logic
- Single sign-on web authentication & authorisation
- Real-time, multi-dimensional cube reporting
- Metadata-based model, realtime changes (zero downtime)
The architecture also enabled the rapid development of additional features that were previously proven unfeasible with the prior architecture.
The startup improved growth trajectory and saved significantly on software development costs.